The Center for Educational Networks and Impacts will inspire, connect, and impact our region, the Commonwealth, and the nation. Our mission is to advance high quality SEAD teaching and learning opportunities in the P-12 contexts for all and become a leader in STEM work-force development from early childhood through professional practice.
- Serve as center for research and evaluation support for Virginia Tech and its P-12 SEAD/STEM-related projects and programs.
- Broker partnerships among our stakeholder groups to ensure that new and granted-funded projects and programs have sustained and broader impact.
- Serve as a portal to bring visibility to STEM K-12 learning experiences, innovations, and opportunities across the region and Commonwealth.
- Provide STEM-SEAD leadership through communication and convening of key constituencies, and advocacy for STEM policies, practices, programs, and people.
- Conduct programs such as the Virginia Tech Science Festival, ICAT Day, K2C, and the statewide STEM Summit to engage the public, enhance student learning and STEM career awareness, and provide professional development for educators across all subject areas.